Process Optimization Engineer
We are seeking a Process Optimization Engineer who will report to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for providing engineering support to improve the efficiency of the plant. The Process Engineer is responsible for evaluation of process design parameters and leading measures for improvements to increase productivity, process quality, and overall competitiveness through improved manufacturing costs.
- Works on continuous improvement activities related to improvement of Plant activities. Utilizes Lean Sigma methodology as appropriate to solve problems in a robust and sustainable manner.
- Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems.
- Evaluates downtime trends and works to improve those trends
- Troubleshoot process problems and identifies solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs
- Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable and trains operators in the use of new installations
- Answers operation associates questions regarding process concepts and procedures
- Assists in determining product specifications for new products and markets and works with product design teams and other departments to formulate a manufacturing process
- Develops safe operating and maintenance procedures and trains associates working with new or changed processes.
- Develops process changes derived from statistical data of processes that improve OEE, product quality, and product costs
- Designs methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving production costs, yields, quality, and safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and 7-12 years of related experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Ability to run small improvement projects from a cost estimation / project execution stand point.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish outcomes.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information in order to design work flows and procedures
- Ability to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Works within approved budget