This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Corporate Controller at our Austin, Texas headquarters. The Corporate Controller will be an integral leader within the Finance organization, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer in Austin.
Success depends on your demonstrated ability to influence at levels above and below your own, both internally and externally, leveraging your engaged and high performing team as well as other cross functional partners. The analytical, technical accounting, process improvement, reporting and compliance expertise you have gained over the last 12 years of your career, combined with at least 7 years of people management experience (preferably including remote international management experience) will enable you to provide insightful conclusions and drive to appropriate and accurate decisions as you support accurate reporting of the company, as well as business initiatives.
Your exceptional ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing will be critical as you provide regular, timely and accurate financial readouts with appropriate context to leadership. You will have demonstrated the ability to work successfully and with speed in a cross functional and international environment, managing day to day details and analytics of your team and then synthesizing them into a concise executive message for leadership.
You bring 12+ years of experience in accounting/finance from a combination of industry controllership roles and public accounting and you are a licensed Certified Public Accountant. You have experience working in finance or accounting management positions at a U.S. publicly traded company with multi-national operations, and possess an advanced knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and internal controls requirements. You have a very strong aptitude for learning, can quickly grasp complex concepts and data and summarize for relevant key messages, and are comfortable driving change and managing within a high-growth business.
- Oversee the financial activity of the company, which includes Accounting, Treasury, Audit, Tax, and certain aspects of Financial Reporting
- Work cross-functionally with the FP&A team to assist with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Establish, monitor and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls to guide decision-making and protect assets
- Research, understand, and comply with all legal and taxation requirements and legislations, enforcing adherence to requirements and filing financial reports in accordance with all laws both locally and internationally (Experience with transfer pricing or working with international subsidiaries is a plus)
- Serve as an advisor to Executives and leadership as it relates to trends and analysis that will drive continued improvement and efficiencies across the business
- Prepare presentations to influence communication and recommendations around strategic initiatives, including investor decks, board reports and valuation reports
- Establish localized payment processing options for international customers
- Lead global monthly close process, including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Prepare and/or manage the timely presentation of all GAAP and non-GAAP reporting to executive management, both at the Corporate level and at more granular levels to provide the proper insight
- Oversight and management of all transactional accounting processes – including receivables, payables, purchasing, payroll and general ledger
- Responsible for research and recommendations on technical accounting and reporting matters, leveraging external accountants and advisors as needed
- Lead and manage the global U.S. GAAP audits and quarterly reviews, including responsibility for coordination, relationships, fee reviews and overall management of annual and quarterly audits
- Review, challenge and improve accounting practices and policies as the company scales
- Coach, develop, and mentor the Accounting and Billing/Receivable teams
- 12+ years of overall experience, with at least 5 years of experience in a Controller or Finance Director role
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- Experience managing an Accounting and Billing team (Prior experience managing an offshore team a plus)
- Previous audit experience with a Big 4 Accounting Firm – Must have a deep understanding of the auditing process and methodology
- Must be proficient in US GAAP, SEC reporting and be technically strong in financial reporting, especially revenue recognition
- Experience managing the financial statement close and reporting process
- Strong knowledge of risk management and internal controls
- Prior experience at SAAS/Technology high-growth companies and with high-performance teams
- Experience with Saas-based accounting and business applications (web-based accounting platforms, Salesforce, e-Payment Solutions, and digital processes)
- Experience with the Zuora billing system a big plus
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment and leverage cross-functional working skills to move with agility
- Born leader with exceptional interpersonal skills who invests in the growth and development of people, team members and relationships