DevOPS Engineer – Austin, TX
Our client is the world’s leading information security research and advisory company, with unparalleled expertise in the complex aspects of information security across a wide range of technologies. CEOs, CIOs, CISOs, and information security professionals from many of the largest and most demanding enterprises rely on our client’s insight, every day.
Our client is looking to hire a DevOps Ninja to help support their production applications. As part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for automation, configuration management and capacity management of production applications. In this role, you will be interacting with all functions in the technology team to build out operational capabilities to support our secure, scalable, fault-tolerant architecture.
- Administration of a variety of network (e.g. NGFW, NGIPS, etc) and endpoint security products
- Monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SolarWinds
- Scripting with Python, Bash, Ruby, Per, Powershell. Etc.
- Fine tuning of open source logging solutions such as syslog-ng and/or Rsyslog
- Configuration backups to central repository utilizing tools such as Rancid, Kiwi CatTools, Expect scripts
- Familiarity working in and high-level administration of a VMware environment (hosts primarily running Windows and CentOS)
- Configuration and administration of Apache and/or IIS
- Configuration and administration of Postfix and/or sendmail
- Packet capture and analysis using tcpdump, tshark/Wireshark
- The position requires participation in an on-call rotation of the production SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation
- Proficient with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures
- Intermediate programming and scripting knowledge
- Ability to execute research projects and generate practical results and recommendations
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
- Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
- Strong understanding of business processes and IT systems
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking and DNS
- Strong interpersonal, time management, project management,and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent experience working in network engineering, systems administrator, and/or devops role(s).
Knowledge/experience with the following preferred:
- Real-world experience implementing and managing technology projects, ideally in a 24/7 environment
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, or MIS; or equivalent experience