Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Hardware Engineering, this position will be responsible for software development on microcontrollers embedded in the products. This role includes contributing to MCU selection, hardware architecture, board bring-up and application development. Ideal candidates have built embedded appliances from proof of concept to volume production.
You will work with high performance and high output individuals in a team. We will learn from each other. Some of the skill areas you must have include:
- A passion for making and building IoT products
- Strong technical and analytical skillset; user experience insight is ideal.
- At least 3 years of experience working as an embedded firmware developer on ARM Cortex or similar embedded core, ideally using GNU tools.
- Good understanding of embedded software and fluency in c/c++ is a necessity
- Ability to create structured embedded software libraries
- Hands on experience with board bring up and trouble shooting
- Have used or familiar with Jenkins, JIRA, Subversion, Git, etc.
- RF protocol experience is a strong plus
- Experience with asset tracking and indoor locating techniques is a plus.
- Great communication skills oral and written.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
- Software Engineer