Senior Research Analyst
The Senior Research Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert across formulary and policy data for drugs in managed care markets. This individual will research health plan formularies, stay current and report on industry trends, report statistics around internal and external data, demonstrate expert knowledge, and identify potential sources for data. The ideal candidate will have a background in data collection and analysis in managed care markets, and be passionate about data.
- Define business rules for incoming formulary and policy data as relates to data capture, maintenance, and reporting.
- Drive business requirements related to data management.
- Develop ideas for, propose and lead research initiatives related to health plan formularies.
- Organize and maintain research documentation, trend analysis, and other supporting reference materials.
- Present research outcome reports and statistical findings, including methodology and design.
- Act as liaison across the organization as relates to specific data topics. This would include Operations and Technology.
- Define targets for data acquisition; support definition of schedule, required resources and budget requirements.
- Interface with third parties as relates to software licensing, data exchange or other data related programs.
- Knowledge of Managed care industry necessary
- Passion for data research and analysis
- Experience documenting business requirements
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative to ask questions
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Data Management & Business Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Market Research